Thursday, January 7, 2010

Exciting News for February!

Readers!
I am so happy to tell you guys about the phone call I got today!
Looks like I will be a Breakout Session Speaker for the Christ for the
Nations Worship Conference in February! So crazy. I'll be talking on
drums for two, one hour sessions! C'mon somebody?
I'm so excited! Pray
God will give me wisdom so that I can share it in my session!
I will be asking for wisdom from mainly, Keith Banks- my drum teacher at school!
Amazing drummer and amazing knowledge on worship and discipleship.

Please keep me in prayer and if you have any ideas on what I should talk about: let me know!

"If you were to be taking my session, what questions would you want to be answered as a drummer. (beginner, intermediate, or advanced) "

-Me

2 comments:

Gabi said...

Hi Julie! I'm Gabi, I'm 22 years old and I'm from Brazil. I dream of one day being able to play the drums! I don't want to make it a carrer or anything, but I just think that it would be so much fun to play it! I always pay attention for the drum parts in songs and sometimes I forget about the songs because I'm staring at the drums during songs at church, not that I don't pay attention to the worship service, I just love seeing the drums being played,and I often do the movements with my arms, just for fun..hehe.
So, sorry about writing so much, I just wanted to ask when did you get started with the drums and how hard would you think it would be for someone who doesn't even know how to read music to learn how to play at least a couple songs??
I appreciate the answer!
Love, Gabi

Jillian Jensen said...

Hey! I love reading your blog, and feel free to check out mine! I hope to get involved in playing the drums. I now write a lot of music and play the guitar and piano. What should be my first steps to beginning the drums and sticking with it? I hope to hear from you soon! JMJ (yes, those are my initials)