Monday, August 11, 2008

First Day of College: Moving In.


Whew! After a six hour delay for our flight, we finally got on the plane around 11:45! Got to Texas at 2:20am. Once getting luggage, rental car, and to the hotel it was 4am. My allergies were horrendous! Parents and I passed out on our mediocre beds and had four hours to sleep before having to get up to get to eat and school to check in and get housing arrangements. Got to the school and there were 6 steps that I needed to make my way too. At step one I met this girl Stephanie who lived about ten minutes away and rides horses. I MET A COWGIRL! haha. She's awesome and lives in my apt. complex! My RA's are pretty cool too! Came by to make sure I was ok! Rene, Dani, and Heather! And no--haven't told anyone that I kind of know the Jonas Brothers Bass Guitar player. =)In fact- Heather's cell phone ring is SOS by the Jonas Brothers. Go figure! Anyway! We got to get a bite to eat at Panera then off to Target to spend 1.5 million dollars on food, appliances, and decorative things! I am set for about a year! haha! Got all unpacked for the most part and everything in place. Even made pasta for my parents for dinner!! Now, here I am back in the mediocre hotel and watching TV for the last time! Just exhausted--but a good exhausted! God has been so great already! Tomorrow brings 2 orientations starting at 1pm.

Bring it on!



Lord, open doors with people! Teach me patience and understanding with my roommmates.
amen!

-Jules

5 comments:

Tiffy said...

Aww good luck at college and i hope you have the time of your life and make memories and friendships that last a lifetime. I wonder how long it will take your new roomates to figure out who your brother is... hmm.. ;D

Anonymous said...

Good luck at college with all the new people Julie! Going away from home is a big step, and I admire you for it.

and that whole Greg Garbowsky is your brother... I hope it works out well for you.

nik said...

pics sucker. dont make me drive down there just to beat you down.


loves and miss you already
ps gracie started walking last night

Michelle said...

Best of luck at college Julie! Hope you have a great year. And tell your brother he did a great job bassing it up on the new album. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey!!! So glad to hear you are settled in!!! You are going to have an amazing time!!! Maybe your friend will take you to ride her horse.....so much fun....happy appartment decorating! Keep us updated....we're thinking of you! Love, Kat, Mike, Mia & Koda